Donate and help support Bells of the Cascades
Make a secure, tax-deductible donation to Bells of the Cascades
Just as a bell can’t ring without a clapper, we can’t ring without you. Bells of the Cascades is a nonprofit 501c3 handbell choir. Our ringers and board are all volunteers. However, there are other expenses involved in carrying out our mission of promoting handbell awareness: music, bells, equipment, wardrobe, travel costs, and advertising expenses.
View our current donors: The Clappers!
Through the generous contributions of our supporters, Bells of the Cascades has:
- Emerged from a pandemic absence to perform at the national handbell festival in the summer of 2021
- Celebrated more than 30 years as an advanced community handbell ensemble
- Created Holiday Ringer ensembles to bring handbell performances to more audiences than ever during the holiday season
- Hosted Read and Ring events and other educational events around the Portland area
- Led regional handbell festivals for other choirs and ensembles
- Chartered fifteen handbell cruises across the western hemisphere, with some of the best handbell clinicians in the world!
- Continued to collaborate with other musicians, including the Melodica Men, Alex Guebert’s Cathedral Bells, Portland Choir and Orchestra, Bells of the Sound, Pink Martini, Novum Chamber Singers and more
- Published our third full-length album, Hitting Things!
- Held a 25th anniversary composition contest in which we awarded five finalists, several of whom have now had their compositions published
We’re committed to making the art of handbell ringing more accessible, more available, more interesting and more exciting to both audiences and other bell ringers!
But with these new ventures, expenses are also rising, and we need your help.
Make a donation online
Make a secure, tax-deductible donation via PayPal now.
You do not need a PayPal account to donate, and you can use any major credit or debit card.
We also accept donations via Venmo, and we are listed on GuideStar (silver rating).
Send a donation by check
Bells of the Cascades
P.O. Box 151
Tualatin, OR 97062
Support us through Amazon
Did you know you can make automatic donations to Bells of the Cascades when you shop on Amazon.com — with no additional cost to you? Simply follow this link to Amazon Smile and you can designate Bells of the Cascades as your charity. From then on, whenever you shop at Amazon, start at Amazon Smile and ½ percent of your purchases will be donated to us!
Thanking our donors
For your tax-deductible donation, we will provide you with recognition at our concerts, special acknowledgments on our cruises, and mention on our website, with a link to your business or homepage if desired. Occasionally we may send special member awards as our form of thanks as well.
We invite you to join the clappers and help ring our bells! View the donors that help make our music possible.
Tax credits for your donations
Bells of the Cascades is a 501c3 tax-exempt nonprofit, incorporated in Oregon, and all financial donations are fully tax-deductible. If you’d like information about receiving tax deductions for in-kind donations, please contact us. Thank you for your support!
Additionally, Bells of the Cascades is a qualified nonprofit cultural organization under the Oregon Cultural Trust, a permanent, protected endowment to provide long-term support for culture, arts and heritage throughout Oregon. For supporters who live in Oregon, the Cultural Tax Credit allows you to double your donation to Oregon arts and culture.
Here’s how it works: First, make a donation to Bells of the Cascades directly. Second, make a matching gift to the Oregon Cultural Trust. Finally, receive a tax credit for your gift to the Trust on your Oregon income tax. One hundred percent of up to $500 for individual taxpayers, $1,000 for couples filing jointly and $2,500 for Oregon businesses qualifies for the tax credit. The money donated to the Oregon Cultural Trust then goes toward helping nonprofits across the state, including Bells of the Cascades. Supporting Oregon arts and culture couldn’t be easier!
Top image: Bells of the Cascades. Bottom image: Flickr user Kari Bluff (Creative Commons).