Read and Ring: 2022
Thank you to everyone who’s registered for our Read & Ring. We are now at full capacity! As a result we are closing further registration.
If you’re still interested in ringing with Bells of the Cascades, we invite you to join us at our Spring Festival next February!
Join Bells of the Cascades in this opportunity for handbell directors and ringers to read through music for all seasons, decide what you like, and purchase it for your choir to use during the year. Bring your choir or come alone and meet new people.
Sessions will include general music and seasonal music for Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter.
- Directors: Select music for the upcoming year
- Ringers: Have fun, boost your sight-reading skills, and try new positions!
Bells of the Cascades will provide the bells, chimes, mallets, tables and foam, along with coffee, tea, water and snacks. Our own members will be there, ringing with you, and available for questions and advice!
Be sure to bring your own:
- easel binders and/or stands
- lunch (refrigerator and microwave available)
All attendees will receive $15 off registration for our Spring Festival! Learn more about this event.
How we’ll be ringing safely
Because of the changing reality of the ongoing pandemic, it’s hard for us to forecast what steps will be necessary in August. Here’s what we can tell you now:
- We’ll be following our venue’s guidelines, and communicate those to you should they change. As of now, our venue has no masking or physical distancing requirements.
- You are welcome to choose to wear masks, practice physical distancing, and disinfect your hands and equipment. Requirements only set a minimum level of practice; anyone may choose to add on their own practices.
- Covered outdoor space will be available for eating and drinking if you prefer not to unmask while indoors.
Schedule for the day
9:00 AM: Registration and setup
9:30 AM: Opening Bell followed by Ringing Session 1
11:00 AM: Break
11:15 AM: Ringing Session 2
12:45 PM: Lunch break (bring your own)
1:30 PM: Ringing Session 3
3:00 PM: Closing Bell. Purchase or return music and pack up!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bells of the Cascades is a nonprofit, and we put on the Read & Ring using all-volunteer labor. To help us plan a successful event, we encourage you to register as early as you can. Thank you!