Read and Ring: 2021
Join Bells of the Cascades in this opportunity for handbell directors and ringers to read through music for all seasons, decide what you like, and purchase it for your choir to use during the year. Bring your choir or come alone and meet new people.
Sessions will include general music and seasonal music for Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter.
- Directors: Select music for the upcoming year
- Ringers: Have fun, boost your sight-reading skills, and try new positions!
Bells of the Cascades will provide the bells, chimes, mallets, tables and foam, along with coffee, tea, water and snacks.
Be sure to bring your own:
- easel binders and/or stands
All attendees will receive $15 off registration for our Spring Festival! Learn more about this event.
We know some of you might be hesitant due to the rising Covid numbers. So here’s the plan:
- All participants will be asked to wear masks while indoors at all times. That includes ringers, directors, observers, and everyone from Bells of the Cascades.
- Eating and drinking will only happen outdoors. This includes snacks, coffee, tea and water (which we’ll provide) as well as lunch (which you should bring or purchase nearby).
- Bring your own gloves and wear them at all times while ringing. If you wish, you can also use your personal disinfectant on the bells (handles only, please!) before and after you ring.
- We expect to have large amounts of table space, so you can decide for yourself how far away from other ringers you’d like to stand. If necessary, you can ring out of chromatic order in order to be distanced.
9:00 AM: Registration and setup
9:30 AM: Opening Bell followed by Ringing Session 1
11:00 AM: Break
11:15 AM: Ringing Session 2
12:45 PM: Lunch break (bring your own)
1:30 PM: Ringing Session 3
3:00 PM: Closing Bell. Purchase or return music and pack up
Contact us at email@example.com
Bells of the Cascades is a nonprofit, and we put on the Read & Ring using all-volunteer labor. To help us plan a successful event, we encourage you to register as early as you can. Thank you!
Registration is now closed.